Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
Effective Date: October 16, 2020
Personal information is information that is personally identifiable about you. Personal information may include your first and last name, home or other physical address which includes the name of a street and the name of a city or town, age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, credit card information, email address, telephone number, any other identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online, or any other information collected from the person that’s maintained by the operator in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable, as the case may be. Visitors to this website are not requested to reveal any personal information merely by browsing. However, if you use certain features of our site such as signing up for a newsletter or purchasing a product, you may need to provide personal information to us.
Orders, Registrations and Communications
Our website has registration and order forms allowing users to give us contact information, to order products, and to subscribe to our newsletter. Personal information from these forms are used to send users information about our company and its products (provided they have indicated they would like to receive such material) and to allow us to process orders. Users may opt-out of receiving future emails by using the opt-out feature in the email message, and may change or update personal information in our records by contacting our Customer Service who can help direct the call to the appropriate department within Clek at 1.866.656.2462.
We may also collect personal information when we communicate with you by email or phone to address your order, questions, requests, or if you agree to participate in a voluntary Clek questionnaire.
We may share your personal information with employees, affiliates, vendors, partners, marketing providers, and third parties (such as service providers) to fulfill our everyday business purposes. For instance, our sales and customer service providers may access your personal information in order to assist in processing your orders and requests. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can learn more about how Shopify uses your personal information here.
Website Tracking Privacy Principles
In some cases, we collect information about you that is not personal information. Examples of such information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website and/or Internet Service Provider through which you are linked to this site. Such visitor data may be used to improve the content of this website and to help us determine which features and services are most important to its visitors. This is done through the use of standard technology called cookies.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the website operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our services, and this may include sending one or more cookies or device identifiers. We also use these tracking technologies when you interact with the services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Clek features that may appear on other sites and in any other manner that we deem necessary for our business purposes, such as:
- Site operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views, remembering your preferences, and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- Personalized advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices, and measuring the effectiveness of advertisements.
You can learn more about ad-serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please click here.
We employ third party companies to monitor and analyze web traffic and track of User behavior.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics, Remarketing & Behavioral Targeting
Analytics, Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting are services provided by third parties, including Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Hotjar and others. These services enable tracking and analysis of the activity of visitors (users) to websites operated by Clek Inc. and connect them with advertising networks.
You can learn more about how Google uses data when you use our sites or applications, and find information about how you can opt out by visiting: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
You can learn more about how Facebook uses data when you use our sites or applications, and find information about how you can opt out by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
For more information on the privacy practices of Pinterest, please visit Pinterest’s Data Policy: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
You can learn more about how Pinterest uses data when you use our sites or applications, and find information about how you can opt out by visiting: http://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Live Chat & Email Communications
Clek Inc. uses services provided by Zendesk, Inc. to provide support services, including a live chat module, on websites operated by Clek Inc.
Personal data is collected through the delivery of these services, including your address, first and last name, contact information, communication logs and your usage data.
Clek Inc. uses Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC) to collect email addresses, names, addresses, usage data and cookies in order to deliver email communications.
Clek Inc. uses Klaviyo to collect email addresses, names, addresses, usage data and cookies in order to deliver email communications.
If you submit an inquiry to us, any personal information you might submit at the same time will only be used by Clek employees or its affiliates who need to have access to it in order to respond to your inquiry. Your personal information is retained only as long as required for the purposes for which it was initially collected or in accordance with other statutory requirements.
Unauthorized Use of Information
Clek uses various methods to ensure the protection of your personal information. While these methods are considered to be effective, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, used unlawfully or modified in a fraudulent manner since no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely confidential. Consequently, we bear no liability for the use that may be made of the information by any third party.
How to Contact Us
Notice to California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as the right to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (e.g., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to notice at collection regarding the categories of personal information collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect payment information when you provide it to us, which may be your credit card number or other payment method, when you complete a transaction. We use this information to facilitate payments and transactions.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use, and the effectiveness of, our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- Commercial information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, interaction with our websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Geolocation data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on your device’s IP address. When you use the Services for the first time, we may ask for your permission to collect your precise location (i.e., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We may collect your photographic or video image, or similar information. We use this information to monitor our customer service, maintain the security of our systems and physical locations, and train employees.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
Right to know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell. In order to process your request to know/access your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information we may ask you to take additional steps to verify your request or identity.
In order to process your request to know about or delete personal information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Providing personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously, and
- Asking you to confirm your request using the email address or telephone account stated in the request.
If you have authorized someone else to make requests on your behalf, we will require that you provide statements confirming the identity and authority of that person by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to know/access information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to request deletion of information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to information regarding participation in data sharing for financial incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. We may run promotions from time to time wherein we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of information with us. Participation in these incentives is voluntary, and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.
Right to opt out of sale of personal information to third parties, “Do Not Sell My Info”
California law requires that we maintain a method that allows you to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information in the future, which can be facilitated by emailing us at: email@example.com with the subject line “Do Not Sell My Info”.
- As the term is defined by the CCPA, we “sold” the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. We “sold” each category to advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks.
- The business or commercial purposes of “selling” personal information is for third party companies to perform services on our behalf, such as: marketing, advertising, and audience measurement.
- We do not “sell” personal information of known minors under 16 years of age.
- Choose to control targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance
- You may also opt-out by disabling cookies in your browser, or by utilizing browser add-ons that block cookies on your device.
Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
How to submit a request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights by:
Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone at: 1-866-656-2462
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual deliver statements to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf.